Sunday, February 14, 2010

Manufacturer's Defects?

Customer (on phone): hi, i was wondering if i would be covered for an mp3 player?

me: when did you buy the mp3 player?

Customer: i bought it at christmas time.

me: okay, why are you returning it?

Customer:  Well i just want to know if i am warranteed for it through Canadian Tire.

me:  Is it defective?

Customer: well, my dog chewed it.

me: i see.. well you cant return anything unless it is a manufactured defect, you know what i mean?

Customer: Oh, well doesn't your card have insurance that will cover me?

me:  The credit card company does offer insurance, but you have to pay for it, and they will usually call you and offer it to you.

Customer:  Yeah, im pretty sure canadian tire has insurance for me.

me: well i know they have insurance, but i really dont think it will cover something like that.

Customer: oh, well i think they should. how can we find out?

me: you'll have to call the phone number on the back of your card.  But i dont expect them to cover your dog chewing on your mp3 player.

Customer: okay, well im going to call them.

me: alright then, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment